Coral Springs Personal Injury Attorney
Unforeseen accidents and injuries can impede the ease of everyday life and can be exceedingly frustrating when the injury you suffered was caused by another’s careless behavior. However, victims of negligence have rights and can fight to pursue compensation for medical expenses, and lost wages, along with other things. While no amount of money can fully restore your health, it is important to remember it can significantly improve your quality of life while you are recovering from your injuries.
If you were wrongfully injured or lost a loved one due to someone else’s reckless or negligent actions, the Coral Springs personal injury attorney at Rosenberg Law Firm can help. Our legal team will put our 20 years of experience behind your case to help you recover compensation that pays for medical expenses, lost work wages, pain and suffering, and more. Over the years, we have accumulated a wealth of investigatory resources, legal knowledge, and hard-fought experience that help us to deliver the results that personal injury victims deserve.
Coral Springs Personal Injury Resources
- We Represent Florida Personal Injuries Caused by Negligence
- Common Personal Injuries in Florida
- What Are the Steps in Filing a Personal Injury Claim
- How Much is My Coral Springs Personal Injury Case Worth
- What Evidence Do We Need to Prove Your Claim
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
- Our Coral Springs Personal Injury Attorney Will Help
- Call Rosenberg Law Firm for a Free Consultation
We Represent Florida Personal Injuries Caused by Negligence
Florida personal injury laws determine the outcome of matters involving one party negligently injuring another. The Coral Springs personal injury lawyer at Rosenberg Law Firm understands these laws and how they apply to your situation.
If you think you may have a claim, call Rosenberg Law Firm for a free consultation at (954) 466-0620 or contact us online. You owe us nothing until we return a favorable outcome for you.
What Can a Coral Springs Personal Injury Attorney Help Me With?
When you’ve been injured due to the actions or negligence of another party, you need representation by an attorney with resources, investigative skills, and years of experience navigating Florida’s tort claims system with a track record of success. At Rosenberg Law Firm, we will defend your rights and best interests throughout every stage of the process while keeping you informed every step of the way as we:
- Investigate all aspects of the incident that caused your injury
- Determine liability
- Prove the liability of the at-fault party
- Draft a compelling demand letter showing the points of liability on the part of the person/entity at fault and the calculated amount of your damages
- Attend negotiations with the insurance company and aggressively argue for full compensation for your damages
- Take the matter to court for litigation to pursue a court award for your damages if we can’t reach an appropriate amount in a settlement
Our many years of combined experience at Rosenberg Law Firm make us uniquely prepared to take on your case to maximize your chances of an ample settlement on your personal injury claim. We will diligently file all paperwork in a timely manner, investigate thoroughly, interview witnesses, and consult with accident/injury reconstruction experts and medical experts to make the most compelling case for your compensation.
Common Personal Injuries in Florida
Florida’s no-fault insurance system allows injury victims to pursue claims against an at-fault party only when the injuries are severe, with resulting medical expenses and income loss that causes economic hardship. Some common personal injuries in Florida rise to the level of grave injuries with life-altering implications. Claims for this type of injury in Florida include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Workplace injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home neglect/abuse
- Defective product liability
No matter how your injury occurred, if it was a preventable injury that only happened because another party didn’t take reasonable measures to prevent it, that party must pay compensation for damages. This is ordinarily done through their liability insurance coverage.
What Are the Steps in Filing a Personal Injury Claim?
In the days and weeks following an accident, it can be difficult to take on a lawsuit while you’re recovering from your injury. It helps to understand the process of filing a personal injury claim in Florida:
- Gather your medical records and a copy of the accident/incident report and contact an experienced Coral Springs personal injury attorney
- Contact your own insurance company and the insurance provider of the person at-fault to report your accident and then direct all communication to your attorney
- Your attorney will discuss your damages to arrive at an appropriate amount and then draft a demand letter to the relevant insurance company asking for a settlement amount based on economic damages like medical bills and lost pay, plus your non-economic damages like pain and suffering
- Negotiations take place between your attorney and the insurance representative to arrive at a mutually acceptable amount of compensation for damages
- With the help of your attorney, you’ll file a complaint in the correct jurisdiction to sue for damages
- Once your trial date arrives, your attorney will argue for the maximum compensation for your damages, presenting all the evidence and facts, and the defendant will argue their case before the judge or jury
- After the judge and jury hear all arguments, the jury makes a verdict, and the judge decides on the amount of the formal settlement or court award.
After the verdict, you’ll receive your compensation, typically within 3 weeks of the decision.
How Much is My Coral Springs Personal Injury Case Worth?
A personal injury lawyer understands how to identify all of the damages you’ve suffered and address them in the demand letter sent to the insurance company to maximize your settlement. While no two cases are the same, you could gain compensation for the following damages:
- Your medical bills and any future medical expenses if you have upcoming surgeries or ongoing treatment
- Lost pay during your recovery time and potential future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity if your injury has left you disabled
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of quality of life
Your Coral Springs personal injury attorney can examine the details of your case to give you a good idea of its monetary value and then develop a winning strategy to maximize your chances of recovering the full value of your damages.
What Damages Can I Recover?
Once your Coral Springs personal injury attorney determines the financial value of your case and outlines a demand for compensation from the appropriate insurance company, your compensation should cover some or all of the following damages:
- The amount you’ve paid out already for medical treatment for the injury
- An estimated amount to cover upcoming procedures, surgeries, home health care, and physical therapy
- An amount for pain and suffering compensation determined by expert medical consultants or through a formula based on the expenses of your medical bills with the understanding that the higher the medical costs, the more serious and painful the injury must be
- Any other appropriate non-economic damages in your case which could include compensation for intangible losses like disfigurement, scarring, loss of limb, catastrophic injury, and emotional trauma in cases of someone else’s egregious wrongdoing causing your injury
Even though no amount of financial compensation can erase the harm caused by the injury, it can help you gain a sense of justice as well as to gain back the money you’ve lost because of the injury.
What Evidence Do We Need to Prove Your Claim?
The personal injury attorneys at the Rosenberg Law Firm know how to use our strong reputation and local resources to thoroughly investigate your case. We will gather evidence and facts in your case including:
- Your medical report and bills
- The accident or incident report
- A record of your typical earnings and a statement from your employer detailing the hours you’ve missed
- Relevant photos and videos if any exist
- Testimony from medical experts
- Reports from accident reconstruction experts
- Evidence from your pain journal or statements from family and friends about the impact the accident has had on your life
The above evidence should clearly demonstrate the damages you’ve suffered due to the negligence or recklessness of the at-fault party.
How to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Claim
Unlike a criminal case, where a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt by the prosecution, in a civil case for personal injury, the plaintiff’s side (that of the injury victim) must prove only by a preponderance of the evidence that the at-fault party was negligent, reckless, or engaged in wrongdoing and that their action caused the accident. Making the legal points of liability clear in a personal injury claim requires showing the following:
- That the at-fault party owed a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent an injury, such as a storeowner’s duty to quickly clean up a spill to prevent a slip-and-fall accident or a driver’s duty to avoid distraction and follow traffic laws
- That the at-fault party breached that duty through negligence, recklessness, or purposeful wrongdoing
- That the negligent or reckless action caused the injury
- That you’ve suffered real economic and non-economic damages from the injury.
When an insurance company reviews a demand letter by your attorney and sees that their client meets the legal points of liability, they usually offer an ample amount of compensation in a settlement rather than pursuing the matter in court since a clear case by the victim’s legal team is likely to win a court award by a judge and jury.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
Florida has a particularly generous statute of limitations for personal injury claims. Injured parties have up to 4 years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. In cases of personal injury claims against a government entity, the time limit drops to 6 months from the date of the accident. If the injury is one that isn’t discovered until some time after the accident date, the 4-year limit begins on the date of discovery. Also, if the injured party is rendered incapacitated by the injury, the 4-year clock begins ticking on the date they regain their mental capacity, but no more than 7 years after the accident date.
Our Coral Springs Personal Injury Attorney Will Help
We are a team of experienced and knowledgeable legal professionals who will hold negligent parties liable and accountable for your losses. If you decide to hire our Coral Springs personal injury attorneys to represent your case, we will work with you closely so that you have the information you need to make decisions regarding medical bills, wage reimbursement, and more.
STANDING BY YOUR SIDE
Our legal team will take the time to get to know you and help you through the process. If we cannot resolve your matter, we will take it to court and fight for the maximum amount of compensation to which Florida statutes entitle you.
Rosenberg Law Firm commits to assisting accident injury victims and their loved ones. We will aggressively seek justice on your behalf per civil laws. For two decades, our firm has carried a strong reputation for achieving the results that clients deserve.
The Rosenberg Law firm understands that you are coming to us during one of the most challenging times of your life. When a severe accident or other traumatic event occurs, it is common to experience stress, anxiety, and fear, especially with so much on the line. We want you to know that you are not alone and are here to assist you. Every individual has a unique history with personalized demands, and we ensure that we understand the facts of your case thoroughly.
Call Rosenberg Law Firm for a Free Consultation
You deserve answers to your questions when going up against insurance companies, third parties, and other opposing sides. Get the information you need during a Free Consultation by calling our Coral Springs personal injury attorney from Rosenberg Law Firm at (954) 466-0620 contact us online. We operate on a contingency fee basis, so we do not get paid until you win your personal injury claim or lawsuit.