Coral Springs Personal Injury Attorney
Unforeseen accidents and injuries can impede the ease of everyday life and can be exceedingly frustrating when the injury you suffer was caused by another’s careless behavior. However, victims of negligence have rights and can fight to pursue compensation for medical expenses, and lost wages, along with other things. While no amount of money can fully restore your health, it is important to remember it can significantly improve your quality of life while you are recovering from your injuries.
If you were wrongfully injured or lost a loved one due to someone else’s reckless or negligent actions, the Coral Springs personal injury attorney at Rosenberg Law Firm can help. Our legal team will put our 20 years of experience behind your case to help you recover compensation that pays for medical expenses, lost work wages, pain and suffering, and more. Over the years, we have accumulated a wealth of investigatory resources, legal knowledge, and hard-fought experience that help us to deliver the results that personal injury victims deserve.
Coral Springs Personal Injury Resources
- We Represent Florida Personal Injuries Caused by Negligence
- Common Personal Injuries in Florida
- What Are the Steps in Filing a Personal Injury Claim
- How Much is My Coral Springs Personal Injury Case Worth
- What Evidence Do We Need to Prove Your Claim
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
- Our Coral Springs Personal Injury Attorney Will Help
- Call Rosenberg Law Firm for a Free Consultation
We Represent Florida Personal Injuries Caused by Negligence
Florida personal injury laws determine the outcome of matters involving one party negligently injuring another. The Coral Springs personal injury lawyer at Rosenberg Law Firm understands these laws and how they apply to your situation under the following matters:
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Car accidents
- E-Scooter accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Negligent spinal injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Wrongful death
If you think you may have a claim, call Rosenberg Law Firm for a free consultation at (954) 755-7803 or contact us online. You owe us nothing until we return a favorable outcome for you.
Common Personal Injuries in Florida
Any injury that leaves you with a permanent disability or impairment may be considered catastrophic. Likewise, an injury that requires extreme medical intervention and costly ongoing treatment and therapy is considered serious. Examples of serious injuries include the following:
Damage to the spinal cord or brain can cause permanent partial or total paralysis, confining the victim to a wheelchair or worse. Victims of a spinal cord injury often require emergency surgery following the accident, ongoing physical rehabilitation, in-home or rehab center care, help with daily tasks, assistive equipment, and much more. These treatments and adaptations can cost millions of dollars over the course of a lifetime.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
A blow to the head—or violent shaking of the body—can cause permanent brain damage. A severe TBI can result in paralysis, loss of cognitive ability, difficulty with language, and changes in personality, all of which can limit a person’s ability to work and care for themselves. Victims of severe TBI often have to re-learn basic skills, such as walking, talking, and eating, and require lifelong care and support.
Losing a limb in a traumatic accident can drastically alter a person’s future. Intense and ongoing physical therapy, adaptive devices, artificial limbs, and other medical expenses are often required for amputees, many of whom are unable to return to earning a living doing the work they did before the accident.
Scarring or Disfigurement
Fires, broken glass, chemical exposure, and crushing accidents can cause visible scarring and disfigurement that make it difficult for the victim to return to the life they had before the accident. The astronomical cost of medical and psychological treatment and the loss of income can significantly impact the victim’s quality of life.
Any injury that significantly impacts a victim’s quality of life and ability to earn a living may be considered catastrophic and require special legal representation to recover.
When the accident that led to your serious injuries was caused by another person’s negligence, your Coral Springs personal injury attorney will have to negotiate or sue for a settlement that will cover current costs and anticipates future costs of treatment, adaptation, and care.
What Are the Steps in Filing a Personal Injury Claim?
In the days and weeks following an accident, it can be difficult to take on a lawsuit while you’re recovering from your injury. It helps to understand the process of filing a personal injury claim in Florida:
- Gather your medical records and a copy of the accident/incident report and contact an experienced Coral Springs personal injury attorney
- Contact your own insurance company and the insurance provider of the person at-fault to report your accident and then direct all communication to your attorney
- Your attorney will discuss your damages to arrive at an appropriate amount and then draft a demand letter to the relevant insurance company asking for a settlement amount based on economic damages like medical bills and lost pay, plus your non-economic damages like pain and suffering
- Negotiations take place between your attorney and the insurance representative to arrive at a mutually acceptable amount of compensation for damages
- With the help of your attorney, you’ll file a complaint in the correct jurisdiction to sue for damages
- Once your trial date arrives, your attorney will argue for the maximum compensation for your damages, presenting all the evidence and facts, and the defendant will argue their case before the judge or jury
- After the judge and jury hear all arguments, the jury makes a verdict, and the judge decides on the amount of the formal settlement or court award.
After the verdict, you’ll receive your compensation, typically within 3 weeks of the decision.
How Much is My Coral Springs Personal Injury Case Worth?
A personal injury lawyer understands how to identify all of the damages you’ve suffered and address them in the demand letter sent to the insurance company to maximize your settlement. While no two cases are the same, you could gain compensation for the following damages:
- Your medical bills and any future medical expenses if you have upcoming surgeries or ongoing treatment
- Lost pay during your recovery time and potential future lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity if your injury has left you disabled
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of quality of life
Your Coral Springs personal injury attorney can examine the details of your case to give you a good idea of its value and then develop a winning strategy to maximize your chances of recovering the full value of your damages.
What Evidence Do We Need to Prove Your Claim?
The personal injury attorneys at the Rosenberg Law Firm know how to use our strong reputation and local resources to thoroughly investigate your case. We will gather evidence and facts in your case including:
- Your medical report and bills
- The accident or incident report
- A record of your typical earnings and a statement from your employer detailing the hours you’ve missed
- Relevant photos and videos if any exist
- Testimony from medical experts
- Reports from accident reconstruction experts
- Evidence from your pain journal or statements from family and friends about the impact the accident has had on your life
The above evidence should clearly demonstrate the damages you’ve suffered due to the negligence or recklessness of the at-fault party.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
Florida has a particularly generous statute of limitations for personal injury claims. Injured parties have up to 4 years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. In cases of personal injury claims against a government entity, the time limit drops to 6 months from the date of the accident. If the injury is one that isn’t discovered until some time after the accident date, the 4-year limit begins on the date of discovery. Also, if the injured party is rendered incapacitated by the injury, the 4-year clock begins ticking on the date they regain their mental capacity, but no more than 7 years after the accident date.
Our Coral Springs Personal Injury Attorney Will Help
We are a team of experienced and knowledgeable legal professionals who will hold negligent parties liable and accountable for your losses. If you decide to hire our Coral Springs personal injury attorneys to represent your case, we will work with you closely so that you have the information you need to make decisions regarding medical bills, wage reimbursement, and more.
Standing By Your Side
Our legal team will take the time to get to know you and help you through the process. If we cannot resolve your matter, we will take it to court and fight for the maximum amount of compensation to which Florida statutes entitle you.
Rosenberg Law Firm commits to assisting accident injury victims and their loved ones. We will aggressively seek justice on your behalf per civil laws. For two decades, our firm has carried a strong reputation for achieving the results that clients deserve.
The Rosenberg Law firm understands that you are coming to us during one of the most challenging times of your life. When a severe accident or other traumatic event occurs, it is common to experience stress, anxiety, and fear, especially with so much on the line. We want you to know that you are not alone and are here to assist you. Every individual has a unique history with personalized demands, and we ensure that we understand the facts of your case thoroughly.
Call Rosenberg Law Firm for a Free Consultation
You deserve answers to your questions when going up against insurance companies, third parties, and other opposing sides. Get the information you need during a Free Consultation by calling our Coral Springs personal injury attorney from Rosenberg Law Firm at (954) 755-7803 contact us online. We operate on a contingency fee basis, so we do not get paid until you win your personal injury claim or lawsuit.