Parkland Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrians are vulnerable to serious, life-altering injuries when walking in Parkland. If you were hit by a car while crossing the street or strolling on a sidewalk, you may be eligible for financial compensation. However, navigating the pedestrian accident claims process can be a challenge without an attorney on your side.
In these situations, trust Rosenberg Law Firm to fight for your right to recovery. Our Parkland pedestrian accident attorneys can carefully assess your legal options, identify your optimal path to compensation, and advocate aggressively for the compensation that you deserve.
Why Choose the Attorneys at Rosenberg Law Firm?
- Our firm is highly rated on Google and Avvo and has achieved powerful results for our clients. We have the skills and experience to represent your pedestrian accident claim.
- We are dedicated to recovering the highest possible settlement for our clients. We will carefully explore all avenues of compensation to maximize your award.
- We believe in open communication during every stage of your case. You will have a direct line to your attorney and will always be able to raise questions or concerns.
Common Causes of Florida Pedestrian Accidents
From negligent drivers to road hazards, there are many factors that could lead to pedestrian accidents in Florida. Some of the most common causes of these collisions include the following:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Illegally passing a stopped school bus
- Driving over the speed limit
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Driving while distracted
- Poorly designed intersections
- Poorly maintained roads
- Mechanical defects in cars
Legal Options for Injured Pedestrians in Parkland, FL
Florida is a no-fault car accident state, which means that drivers are required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to pay for their own injuries. However, many pedestrians do not drive and do not carry this coverage. If you find yourself in this situation, you may wonder what your legal options are.
Generally, your first line of defense will be to file a claim under your PIP policy if you have one. These claims allow you to recover damages to pay for financial losses, such as medical expenses and property damage. However, if you suffer serious injuries in the accident, you could pursue a third-party insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Florida law defines a serious injury as any of the following:
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
If you are unsure what type of claim to file, an attorney from Rosenberg Law Firm can help. We can carefully assess your situation and identify your optimal path to financial compensation.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
The moments after a pedestrian accident can be scary. In these situations, it is important to seek help as soon as possible. Call 911 or ask someone to call 911 for you and report the accident to the police. Seek medical care immediately, even if you do not feel injured.
If you are able, gather evidence by taking pictures and videos. Ask any witnesses for their contact information and exchange details with the at-fault driver. After you receive medical care, contact a pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible.
Contact a Parkland Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
If you were injured in a Parkland pedestrian accident, Rosenberg Law Firm can help you secure the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today at (954) 755-7803 to schedule a free case consultation and discuss your next steps with our attorney.