You may think you cannot get money for your injuries from a "hit and run" car would be wrong!!  Car insurance is very complicated to understand.  However, one of the coverages that will take care of a "hit and run" when you have injuries is called UM protection.  I have spoken about it before in articles, blogs and videos, but UM protection is one of the most important items to have with your car insurance.  Yes, it costs extra to have it.  But in my opinion it is one of the most important aspects to have in your car insurance coverage.