Fort Lauderdale Wrongful Death Attorney
The sudden and unexpected death of a loved one can be a devastating experience. This grief can feel even more overwhelming if his or her death was preventable. In these situations, you need to seek legal representation and hold the at-fault party accountable.
If you lost a loved one because of someone else’s actions, you need an attorney from Rosenberg Law Firm who can protect your family’s best interests. Our Fort Lauderdale wrongful death lawyers can represent your family’s lawsuit and fight to secure the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose Our Fort Lauderdale Wrongful Death Attorneys?
- We have represented injured people and their families for over 20 years. Our Fort Lauderdale wrongful death attorney will fight aggressively for your family’s right to compensation.
- Our firm treats our clients like members of our family. We will take the time to learn about you and your loved one so we can achieve the best possible results for your case.
- Losing a loved one is a difficult experience. Our firm will handle your lawsuit from start to finish so that your family can focus on healing and other important matters.
What Is a Wrongful Death Under Florida Law?
In Florida, wrongful death is defined under Chapter 768 of the Florida Statutes. According to this law, a wrongful death is one that occurs due to someone else’s negligence, default, wrongful act, or breach of contract or warranty. In these situations, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate can file a lawsuit against the individual or entity responsible for the wrongful death.
Any of the following could be grounds for a wrongful death lawsuit:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Product malfunctions
- Criminal acts, such as murder
At Rosenberg Law Firm, we represent Fort Lauderdale families in wrongful death lawsuits that involve a wide range of incidents. If you are unsure whether your loved one’s case qualifies for litigation, contact our firm as soon as possible. Our attorneys will carefully review your case and help you understand your legal options.
What Damages Are Available to Family Members After a Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death lawsuit allows the deceased’s estate and surviving family members to recover compensation for specific damages. Damages paid to the deceased’s family usually involve any medical or funeral expenses that they paid and the pain and suffering that they experienced, such as:
- Mental anguish and suffering
- Loss of support and services that the deceased provided
- Loss of parental companionship, instruction, and guidance
- Loss of the deceased’s companionship and protection
Some damages are paid directly to the estate. These may include:
- Medical and funeral expenses paid by the estate
- Lost wages and benefits that the deceased lost between his or her injury and death
- The value of future earnings that the deceased could have earned if he or she had lived
While no amount of money could ever reverse what happened, a financial settlement can alleviate some of the costs and burdens associated with wrongful death. An attorney can help your family assess your options for compensation and accurately calculate your potential award.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale Wrongful Death Attorney Today
If you lost a loved one because of the wrongful actions of another, your family deserves justice. In these situations, trust the Fort Lauderdale wrongful death attorney to help you hold the negligent party accountable.
Contact us at (954) 755-7803 to schedule your free case consultation and discuss your legal options.